- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hand cleaners are also effective. You'll notice that these dispensers are available in various locations at the College.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- Stay home if you are sick until at least 24 hours after you no longer have a fever or signs of a fever (without the use of a fever-reducing medicine, such as Tylenol®).
Montgomery County’s flu hotline, 240-777-4200, is open Monday through Friday from 9a.m. to 5p.m.
Montgomery College Television Channel 10 has also produced a video on H1N1; you can view the program on thier YouTube Channel at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpvlXH7WFIY.